Drug Crimes in Texas: What You Need to Know
November 6th, 2017 by Tad Nelson in Drug Crime
̵̵ Advice from a Top Houston Criminal Defense Attorney
If you have been arrested for a drug-related offense, it’s important that you speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. Only a qualified attorney will have the knowledge and training to ensure that you experience a fair outcome. You need someone on your side who will work to protect your rights at every step of the way.
At The Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates, we are aware of the latest laws with regard to felony drug charges. Our team will not rest until your case is given the attention it deserves.
Tips on Drug Charges in Texas
Knowing important details about drug offenses in Texas could have a major impact on the final results of your case. You cannot be expected to navigate these laws, which are typically quite complex. However, we can provide a general overview of points worth considering:
- Possession: Texas has some very strict laws associated with drug possession. If you have been charged with drug possession or possession with the intent to deliver, you may have violated the Texas Controlled Substances Act.
- Controlled Substance: Selling a controlled substance illegally may incur greater charges than illegal possession of a controlled substance.
- Cultivation: Manufacturing and cultivation of drugs could result in relatively minimal jail time or a lengthy prison sentence.
- Telephone: When a telephone is used to make a drug sale, a defendant may face additional charges. This could mean more jail time. Additionally, laws regarding cell phone use are continually evolving and must be examined by a knowledgeable attorney.
- Weapon: Using a weapon while drug trafficking could lead to much stiffer penalties. You would likely be held on separate charges, and you could face more jail or prison time as a result.
Assistance with a Wide Range of Charges
No matter what kinds of offenses you have been charged with, you should only trust a reputable attorney to assist you. You need a professional to guide you in such cases. A lawyer who is familiar and experienced in Texas law is the best person to have on your side. Our staff members will always work with your best interests in mind.
We have helped many Houston area clients charged with drug crimes. Do not try to deal with such offenses yourself because you could incur much stiffer penalties than you should. We have the expertise to guide you when facing the repercussions for drug-related charges.
Do you need a drug crimes lawyer in Houston, Galveston, or League City, Texas? Contact The Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates. You can reach us at (281)-280-0100, or use our online contact form to get more information.