Set Up Your Confidential Case Evaluation With a Top-Tier Bayou Vista Criminal Defense Lawyer
At The Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates, our Bayou Vista criminal defense attorney provides aggressive, effective legal representation across the full range of misdemeanor and felony charges. We have proven, verifiable results in tough cases. If you or your loved one was arrested and charged with any type of serious criminal offense in Galveston County, we are here to help. Contact us now to arrange your confidential, no obligation consultation with a top Texas criminal defense lawyer.
We Defend Misdemeanor and Felony Criminal Charges in Bayou Vista, Texas
The Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates is a Texas law firm with extensive experience defending a wide array of criminal charges. We are devoted to protecting the rights and the interests of our clients. With an office in Galveston County, our firm is well-positioned to defend criminal charges in Bayou Vista. Regardless of the situation that you are facing, we are more than ready to review your case, explain your rights, and devise a strategy that is narrowly tailored to meet your needs. Armed with extensive knowledge and an unwavering dedication to justice, we champion the cause of our clients. Along with other types of criminal charges, our Bayou Vista criminal defense lawyers have experience with:
- DWI Charges: Intoxicated driving is one of the most common criminal charges filed in Southeast Texas. We have deep expertise with these cases. Indeed, DWI charges form a significant portion of cases that our firm takes on. Among other things, our Bayou Vista, TX criminal defense lawyers defend first-time DWI charges, second-time-DWI charges, third-time DWI charges, and felony DWI charges. Contact our Bayou Vista DWI defense attorney today for a fully confidential consultation.
- Drug Charges: Drug charges come with their own set of complexities and challenges. Our firm takes on the full range of drug crimes cases, including drug possession charges, drug trafficking charges, and drug manufacturing charges. We always take on these cases with the utmost sensitivity. Our defense strategies are customized to meet each client’s unique needs. Contact our Bayou Vista, TX drug crimes defense attorney today.
- Sex Crimes Charges: A sex crimes charge carries deep stigma. A conviction often carries felony criminal penalties. A person convicted of a sex crimes offense may also be required to register as a sex offender. Our firm defends sex crimes charges with the highest degree of care, sensitivity, and professionalism. If you or your loved one was arrested and charged with a sex offense in Galveston County, contact our Bayou Vista defense lawyer for help.
- White Collar Offenses: Broadly explained, a white collar crime is a non-violent offense that generally has a financial motive. These are often extraordinarily complex legal cases. You need a defense lawyer with specialized white collar crimes expertise. We take on the full spectrum of white collar criminal charges in Bayou Vista, including fraud, tax fraud, embezzlement, and money laundering. Arrested and charged with a white collar crime in Southeast Texas, contact our Bayou Vista criminal defense lawyer for immediate help.
- Misdemeanor Crimes: Misdemeanor crimes—while they are seemingly less serious— are treated with the same level of dedication and rigor as more severe offenses by prosecutors in Texas. In other words, you should not take a misdemeanor charge lightly. These are serious offenses that could potentially carry jail time. We believe that every case deserves a steadfast defense strategy aimed at securing the most favorable outcome for our clients. We will ensure that their rights are fully protected throughout the legal process. Contact our Bayou Vista, TX misdemeanor crimes attorney for a completely confidential consultation.
- Serious Felonies: Facing a felony criminal charge in Bayou Vista? It is normal to be overwhelmed. Serious felony offenses are grave. There is so much on the line for people facing felony charges in Texas. Defendants have the right to raise an aggressive defense no matter the severity of the charge. Every person is presumed innocent until proven guilty. We provide an unwavering support system, crafting defense strategies fortified by thorough investigations, expert testimonies, and a meticulous examination of the prosecution’s case to ensure that our clients receive a fair and just trial.
- Grand Jury Proceedings: Grand jury proceedings matter. A grand jury is the part of the criminal justice process in Texas where the initial merits of the charges against you are assessed by a cohort of citizens. The evidence is weighed and, based on the results, criminal charges may or may not be filed. You have the right to be represented by a Bayou Vista criminal defense lawyer if you are facing a grand jury proceeding. Our representation aims not just to be a passive presence but a proactive force—championing your cause each and every step of the way. Contact us today for a confidential criminal defense consultation.
- Expungements: A criminal record can follow you around for your entire life. It could make it more difficult to pass a background check, get a job, or even get an apartment. You may be entitled to get criminal records expunged. That being said, there are strict rules and regulations regarding expungements in Texas. Our Bayou Vista, TX criminal defense lawyer is here to demystify the expungement process. If you have any specific questions or concerns about expungements, we are here to help.
- Criminal Appeals: Were you or your loved one convicted of a criminal offense in Texas? A conviction—as stressful and frustrating as it can be—is not necessarily the end of the road. You have the right to appeal a criminal conviction in Texas—as long as you file your Notice of Appeal in a timely manner. We have extensive experience handling criminal appeals in Texas. As appellate law is a specialized practice area, it is crucial that you have a knowledgeable advocate on your side. Contact our Bayou Vista criminal appeals attorney for a strictly confidential, no obligation consultation today.
Arrested and Charged With a Crime in Bayou Vista? Be Proactive
There are few things more stressful or frightening than being arrested and charged with a criminal offense. During trying times, it is imperative that you know your legal rights. The unfortunate reality is that you cannot rely on police and prosecutors to respect your rights—even though they should do so. Remember, a criminal charge is essentially a formal allegation. Every person has the right to raise a zealous defense. Here is an overview of three central constitutional rights that you should be aware of in Bayou Vista:
- Know Your Right to Remain Silent: You are not required to answer any questions from police officers after an arrest. Indeed, one of the most crucial rights to remember is the right to remain silent. You do not have to answer a question posed by law enforcement without an experienced Bayou Vista, TX criminal defense lawyer on your side. Remain calm, be respectful, but be firm in asserting your right to remain silent.
- Know Your Right to Freedom From Illegal Searches: Your personal space, property, and belongings are protected against unreasonable searches and seizures under the Fourth Amendment. Police officers must have a warrant, probable cause, or your explicit consent to conduct a search. If you were subject to an illegal search, any of the evidence obtained by police and/or prosecutors may not be admissible in court.
- Know Your Right to a Bayou Vista Defense Attorney: There is a lot on the line when you are facing a criminal charge. You have the right to consult and be represented by a Bayou Vista defense attorney who is knowledgeable about the local laws and court procedures. A top-tier Bayou Vista, TX criminal defense lawyer attorney can offer legal advice, construct a robust defense strategy, advocate for your rights, and help you secure your future.
How Our Bayou Vista Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help
Arrested in Bayou Vista, Texas? Our founder Tad A. Nelson and associate attorney Amber R. Spurlock are standing by, ready to fight for your rights and your interests. A proactive approach to a criminal case is an absolute must. You do not have to go up against police or prosecutors alone. When you contact our legal team, you will have an opportunity to work with a Bayou Vista criminal defense attorney who can:
- Listen to your story and answer questions about your case;
- Investigate the charges—securing all relevant evidence; and
- Take aggressive action to protect your legal rights.
Get Help From Our Bayou Vista Criminal Defense Attorney Today
At The Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates, our Bayou Vista criminal defense lawyers are devoted to putting the rights and interests of our clients first. Were you arrested and charged with a crime, we are here more than ready to help. Reach out to us by phone at (281) 280-0100 or connect with us online for your confidential consultation. Our firm provides solutions-focused criminal defense representation in Bayou Vista, Galveston County, and all across Southeastern Texas.
Contacting us will only take a moment of your day
Tad and Amber are literally top of the game. When I need results, they are the only people I trust. Quality of service, knowledge and professionalism throughout. Don't gamble with a lawyer on any legal issue, you only want to bet on the best!
Thank you Tad Nelson for standing up for me and what is right, Tad Nelson is obviously well known and respected through out the court system as he spoke with authority and precisely to the assistant DA resulting in the dismissal of my case before the case went to trial. Thank you again. if you want it done call Tad Nelson
I hired them a while back for a DWI out in Harris County, they're good and if you need help with any kind of legal matter, give em a call. For a lawyer, Tad has a great personality so working with him should be easier than working with other lawyers.
He is the one lawyer that I can call and put my trust into. We’ve used him a couple of times, once for a family matter and another time for a troubled relative. He’ll help, tell you the truth with no sugar-coating, and will work for his salt. He’s a good guy and when you go to their office, they make you feel at home, like you’re part of the team. Good lawyers and great folks.
I've had the pleasure of working with Tad personally as a technology consultant for him in the past. We've eaten lunch and dinner together. I know that Tad is very dedicated to his clients and cares for them off the clock. He's definitely the lawyer you want on your side.