Houston Internet Crime Attorney
Internet and Computer Crime — Houston, Galveston, League City, Texas
Anyone can use your computer, log into your account or use your online identity. Activity that you had no part in can be traced back to your computer, your account and your name. When criminal charges arise from this activity, innocent people are be labeled as criminals. At The Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates, we provide experienced defense representation to people charged with internet crimes.
If you are under investigation for an internet crime, or if you have been arrested and charged with an internet crime, call our firm at (281) 280-0100 to schedule your consultation. You can also submit a criminal law intake form and someone from our firm will contact you promptly.
Charged with an internet crime? We can help.
Tad Nelson is a former district attorney for Galveston County. Mr. Nelson brings a unique insight and familiarity to each case — he knows how area prosecutors handle internet crimes and can respond with a ready defense. An effective defense strategy for an internet crime charge involves much technical evidence, an examination of hard drives, internet server records and requires the ability to handle technical testimony. Tad Nelson & Associates provides experienced representation for the following internet crimes:
- Credit card fraud: Charges can involve making unauthorized person’s on another person’s credit card, forgery, theft of a credit card and using a credit card for purchasing merchandise over the Internet.
- Internet pornography and sex crimes: We engage professional investigators, computer experts and other specialists in an effort to build an aggressive defense on behalf of clients facing various types of computer sex crimes.
- : This is a serious allegation that carries the potential for harsh punishment — including lifetime sex offender registration.
- White collar crimes: Charges can involve certain types of fraud, identity theft and even government benefit programs.
- Computer intrusions: Charges can involve wiretapping through botnets, releasing an Internet virus, infecting computers and bringing down networks.
- Piracy: Charges involving intellectual property theft for goods subject to terms of licensing agreements.
Put a *Board-Certified Criminal Law Specialist and Former Assistant District Attorney in Your Corner.
Major Credit Cards Accepted
Evening, Weekend and Off-Site Appointments Available
*The Texas Board of Legal Specialization certifies attorneys in 20 specific areas of law; certification in any of these areas requires substantial demonstrated experience and skill, positive peer evaluations, ongoing legal education commitments, and the passage of a rigorous test.