Wharton, TX Divorce Attorney
Experienced Divorce Lawyer Representing Clients in Wharton, Texas
Seeking a divorce is a complicated legal process, as well as an emotional undertaking. At the Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates, our Wharton, TX divorce attorney understands that a divorce isn’t something that you planned for. If you are seeking a divorce, you want the help of an experienced advocate on your side. Our Wharton, TX divorce lawyer can guide you through the process and advocate for your best interests. Reach out to our law firm today for the help and legal counsel you need.
Top Reasons You Need a Wharton, TX Divorce Attorney
Even in the rare event that you and your spouse agree on all issues in your divorce, working with a Wharton, TX divorce attorney is strongly advised; at the very least, your attorney can review your divorce settlement and ensure it is legally sound before you sign it. Additional reasons that you may consider hiring a Wharton divorce lawyer include:
- To protect your right to custody of or visitation with your children;
- To help you understand the laws related to your case and what you need to do as you navigate the divorce process;
- To ensure that you don’t give up more in the divorce than you need to;
- To help you to reach a divorce settlement out of court, keeping costs down;
- To manage the various divorce paperwork that you’ll face; and
- To help you make tough decisions when the right answer doesn’t always seem obvious.
Common Questions About Divorce
A Wharton divorce lawyer can also provide answers to your tough questions about divorce. Some common questions about divorce that our lawyer often hears include:
- Do I have to have grounds to file for a divorce? In order to file for divorce in Texas, you must have grounds. You can pursue a divorce on fault-based grounds, although this is less common, and usually only recommended in specific situations. More likely, you’ll file for divorce on the grounds of insupportability of the marriage.
- How long will a divorce take? How long a divorce takes to finalize depends on many factors – mainly, whether or not the divorce is contested (where parties do not agree on issues in the divorce) or uncontested (where parties are in agreement about all issues in the divorce). Even if your divorce is completely uncontested, though, there is a mandatory 60-day waiting period. This means that at the very least, a divorce will take a minimum of two months to be complete.
- How much does a divorce cost? Like the amount of time that it takes to get a divorce, how much a divorce costs depends primarily on whether or not the divorce is contested or uncontested – if the divorce is contested, then it will take longer to resolve and may even require litigation, which is very expensive. You can get a fairly cheap divorce by avoiding litigation and by reaching a settlement as soon as possible. This will require mediation and negotiation – our lawyer can guide you through the process.
- Will I have to have a divorce trial? Whether or not your divorce requires a trial depends on whether or not you can reach a settlement out of court. A quick and easy divorce is possible – an attorney can help you to achieve this.
How a Wharton, TX Divorce Lawyer Can Help You
Whether you have a contested or uncontested divorce, our Wharton, TX divorce lawyer can support you throughout the process. Our legal services include:
- Providing you with information about the laws relevant to your case;
- Gathering evidence on your behalf;
- Recruiting valuable experts, such as forensic accountants or child psychologists;
- Advising you of your best options;
- Representing you in negotiations with your spouse; and
- Representing you in litigation if your divorce case goes to trial.
Our law firm knows that you want a quick and easy divorce – we’ll do our best to get you the case results that you want without compromising on quality.
Call the Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates Today
If you have more questions about our legal services and how our experienced Wharton, TX divorce lawyer can serve you as you begin the process of legally separating from your spouse, please call us directly today. We want to provide you with the straightforward, high-quality, and trustworthy legal services you deserve. You can reach the Law Offices of Tad Nelson & Associates by calling our law office at 281-280-0100, or by sending us a message directly at your convenience.